Changes in Register:
- Infant, son of Sara & Jose De Los Santos on April 30, 2023, Rev. Daniel Vigilante officiating.
From the Consent Agenda:
From Worship & Music (with the approval of Communications and W & M)
- MOTION: To hold both 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. worship services in South Street Hall for the months of July and August through September 3rd, Labor Day.
- MOTION: From Christian Education – the Sacrament of Baptism for child, son of Rev. Audrey and Woodie Webber, DOB July 2, 2019 on June 25, 2023.
Reminder: The time is drawing near to seek out Deacon and Elder candidates for the Class of 2027! The Nominating Committee welcomes your suggestions for possible members to serve in either of these two very important offices. The members of this year’s committee are: Chair, Elder Dick Kaller, session representative Elder Betty Darcy, Deacon representative, Christine Volinsky, Congregation at Large, John Alessio, Pam Wood, Helen Quinn, and Sheldon Rajkumar.
Presbytery Happenings and Information
- This hybrid meeting was held online and at Camp Johnsonburg on May 9. Commissioned elder for this meeting were Craig Barth. The Clerk of Session, by virtue of being a past moderator, was also a voting member.
- The Discernment Team, a sub-committee of the Administration & Coordinating Team (ACT) gave a report- it is a process not a program. They are visioning our future.
- Presbytery treasurer, Becky Moody, spoke about legacy/planned-giving, now available on the Presbytery’s website.
- Property & Insurance reported that manse inspection forms are available on the website too.
- There is a Youth Leader Retreat set for August 27 at Camp Johnsonburg.
- The worship service was led by the Rev. Dr. Kimberley Wagner from Princeton Seminary.
- Camp Johnsonburg Director Elise Bate Russell told the group that the camp’s capital campaign goal has been increased from $1.7 million to $2.5 million.
- Taken as a group in a separate consent agenda, the body voted to approve the final changes proposed to the Book of Order. (From the General Assembly held last year) The next Presbytery meeting on September 9 is also a hybrid meeting – the physical location will be the Presbyterian Church in Pluckemin.
Wendy M Doidge
Clerk of Session