We are excited to announce we have launched a new way to easily donate: text message giving.
Here’s how it works:
- Save our new PCM Text-To-Give number in your phone: (973) 620-2368
- Simply send a text message to the PCM Text-To-Give number with your giving amount and a campaign keyword. This allows us to automatically assign your donation to the correct fund.
Ex: $50 OGHS
- The first time you text a donation, you will be sent a text message that says, “It looks like you are a new giver; to begin: (link provided).” It will be a link to PCM’s online giving page.
- Click on the link, and you will be asked to supply your payment method (credit card, debit card, or bank account). This payment source will then be linked with your phone number so that, in the future, all you will need to do is text in the amount. You will not need to re-enter payment information each time you donate.
- OGHS – Text a donation to One Great Hour of Sharing
- Pledge – Text a donation to your Annual PCM Pledge
Can I change the credit card associated with my text message giving?
Yes, you can easily update the credit card associated with your text message giving by texting “update” to the PCM Text-To-Give number.
What happens if I send a donation without a keyword?
If you send a donation without a keyword, your donation will be sent to an Undesignated Fund.
What if I text the wrong amount? Can I get a refund?
Yes! Text “refund” to the PCM Text-To-Give number immediately after your last donation to cancel it. Donors can refund their own gift with this command within 24 hours of giving the gift. If the previously given contribution started a recurring gift, the recurrence will also be canceled.
Who can I contact to help me if I have more questions?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us directly at 973-538-1776 and we will make sure to get you to the right person!
How can I see all commands available?
Simply text “commands” to the PCM Text-To-Give number to see a list of all available commands.