Fall Food Drive
October 29 to November 19
Our neighbors in Morris County need your help!
Thousands of families rely on the Interfaith Food Pantry Network for food and to be able to celebrate Thanksgiving with a meal. Our congregation has always believed that November is a month of thanksgiving and sharing with others. So…as you give thanks, give food. Lists of needed food can be found below, and financial donations are also welcome.
Your donation makes a difference in the lives of an increasing number of Morris County families. The Interfaith Food Pantry has seen a 33% increase in the need for food in the past year, and many people cite the rapidly increasing costs of living as their main reason for seeking help.
Food donations can be dropped off:
• During Sunday services at the Church on the Green. Collection bins are in the Narthex and in Mutch Hall near the back entrance.
• Inside the Parish House. Collection bins are in the hallway as you enter the building.
• Checks should be made out to the Presbyterian Church in Morristown with a note for “Food Drive for the IFPN”. Checks should be mailed to the Parish House (65 South Street, Morristown NJ 07960)
• Credit cards: Use Breeze drop-down menu for Food Drive for IFPN.
Food Drive Items Needed:
|Everyday Most Needed Items:||Thanksgiving Food Needs:|
• Tomato products (sauce, crushed, whole, diced, paste, puree, etc.)
• Side dishes – Rice-A-Roni, Hamburger Helper, Instant Potatoes, etc.
• Cereal – lower sugar preferred
• Soup – Hearty and Condensed
• Dry milk (1-qt. packages) or Parmalat
• Peanut butter – 15-18 oz preferred
• Baby food –Stage 2 and Stage 3
• Baby diapers – Size 3,4,5, and 6
• A complete list of everyday needed items can be found by clicking here.
|• Instant mashed potatoes
• Turkey gravy (no glass jars please)
• Cranberry sauce
• Canned yams or sweet potatoes
• Hearty soups
• Canned vegetables (corn, peas, green beans)
• Apple, cranberry, grape (100% fruit juice) (64 oz.)
• Muffin or roll mix
• Brownie mix or cake mix and icing
• Coffee, tea, hot cocoa mix
• Fresh potatoes, yams, onions, apples and oranges (please put fresh items in a separate bag)