I’d like to take this opportunity to tell you about Sacred Space – which is coming up next week, and, as I’ve told many of you, is one of my very favorite things that I get to do as a pastor. Each year since 2006, I’ve created an interactive prayer walk along a contemporary labyrinth that I call Sacred Space. Following a guided path, you’ll listen to scripted instructions (recorded by members of PCM) that are set to music, making your way from one station to another, reflecting on God’s presence in your life. You can think of it sort of like a museum tour that’s designed to help you connect with God and grow deeper in your faith. The whole thing takes about an hour.
I often find it difficult to describe Sacred Space. I think I love it because it’s communal – something you experience with others (in the sense that other people are also walking the path at the same time) – but because you have your own audio player and you go at your own pace, it’s also very personal. It’s a spiritual journey that you take with others but that you don’t have to talk about with anyone else. Hopefully you’re intrigued enough to give it a try!
Here are the details:
- Tuesday, February 7 | Wednesday, February 8 | Thursday, February 9
- 4:00 – 9:00 pm (it takes about an hour)
- The Church on the Green (enter through the ramp at the rear of the building)
- Light snacks and drinks will be served from 5:30 – 7:30 pm
- There’s no need to sign-up in advance If you’d like to use your own device (like a smart phone), there are headphones available or feel free to bring your own
When I say that Sacred Space is one of my favorite things that I get to do – I mean it – wholeheartedly. And I hope you’ll take my word for it… you’ll be glad you took the time to experience Sacred Space for yourself.